Pet Friendly Motels
When traveling (outside the U.S.) with pets, be sure to check before hand if the country has special rules. Some are simple, some are complex. International health certificates for the export of animals from the United States are completed by the accredited veterinarian who certifies herd and animal health status, conducts tests, and records test results for the individual animals being exported. Completed and signed international health certificates for the export of animals from the United States must be endorsed by a Veterinary Services area office in order to be valid. The U.S. has minimal requirements for animals to be exported to other countries. Again, your veterinarian can provide you with current tests, regulations and inspections.
Each country may or may not have specific certificates or regulations.
These are established by the importing country, not the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What documents do I need?
2. Does one health certificate work in all countries?
3. How do I obtain a health certificate for my animal?
4. How long does it take to process before I can take my pet?
5. What countries are part of the European Union?
6. How do I get my pets certificate stamped by the USDA?
7. Do I bring my pet with me when I go to get the certificate stamped?
8. What are the cost to all of the process?
9. How long does it take to get my certificate stamped and returened?
10. If the species is not listed to where I want to travel, what do I do?
11. The document I have seems old, how do I know if it is good?
12. Do the documents have to be translated if only in English?
13. Do the Vets listed have to be accredited?
14. What is an accredited Vet?
15. What if my trip is only a short period of time, what do I need to bring my pet home?
There are not set requirements for the movement of pets across state lines. The requirements are set by each individual state. You should contact the State Veterinarian of the state you are going to visit. Go to
Ric Dalberri is a graduate of Columbia State University & has been involved in his own business (sold) employing over 100 people. As
well as being a top producer as a Financial Specialist for over a decade with one of the largest financial institutions in the U.S., Ric has many years experience in sales and management. Ric was also a mentor in
the financial arena as well as a volunteer teacher for Junior Achievement.